Monday, February 6, 2012

Sims 3: Athena Sparks 28

 “I’m sorry about that,” I say once the TV has blown out.


“I may be able to fix it for you,” Wendell offers.

 “No, that thing is ancient.  It wouldn’t even be worth your time.”


“Yeah, it does seem pretty old,” Wendell says in a teasing tone.

 “Luckily I don’t watch much TV.  I probably won’t even miss it.”
 “So are you ready to eat?” I continue.


“Sure,” Wendell says.


“I have to warn you, my books aren’t paying much yet, so the meal may not be the greatest,” I say to prevent high expectations over my poor meal.

 “That’s perfectly fine.  Heck, teaching doesn’t exactly put lobster on the table either,” he says.


I move to get up and Wendell shuffles uncomfortably in his seat as if he’d like to say something that he doesn’t quite know how to say.

 While he’s not looking, I place my hands over my chest in an attempt to steady my quick pulse.  He looks so good and I want to kiss him so badly.
 “So how’s the second book coming along?” Wendell asks initiating conversation to keep me company while I cook.




We chat while I cook and then continue the conversation while eating.  “This is the best Goopy Surprise I’ve ever had,” Wendell says.


It’s my turn to chuckle.  “You’re just being polite,” I say.

 Cupid gets her share of the meal from a plate that I sat down on the floor for her so she wouldn’t feel left out.
 “No, I wouldn’t just say that.  This is pretty darn good,” Wendell insists waving his finger for emphasis.
 “Why thank you,” I say while moving my seat back so I can get up and wash my dish. I’m still convinced that Wendell is just being nice.
 Wendell is looking out the window.  He looks so fine, that I never get around to actually cleaning the dishes. 
 I walk over to join him.  He turns and again our eyes meet.  There is no denying the attraction between us.
 “It’s getting late,” he says.


“You can stay,” I suggest quickly; once again surprising myself by being so forward.

 The statement doesn’t get the reaction I expected.  Wendell bursts out in laughter.


I’m not quite sure what he’s laughing at, but his laughter is contagious and I join him.




“I’m sorry,” he says attempting to stop the laughter.  “You are just so cute and innocent sometimes that it’s unbelievable.”
 “I like it,” he says suddenly very serious.


“Well I meant what I said,” I say softly pushing past boundaries of boldness that I’d never crossed before.

 “I would really like you to stay,” I whisper softly in his ear.
 “I was hoping you’d say that…” he says in return; the tone of his voice indicating that there’s more.
 “But you scare me,” he finishes.


“Scare you?” I say confused.

 He pulls me close in a tight hug.  I’m confused and he seems to be conflicted.  I’m wondering if he’s married or something.  I brace myself for bad news.
 “Are you married?” I ask in a voice, barely audible, filled with fear.


“No,” he says reaching up to play with a lock of my hair.

 “Then what is it?”  I asks, preparing myself for something worse.


“It’s just…I’ve never liked anyone this much, so soon.”  He begins.


I’m relieved and show it with a smile.

 “I feel like I’m losing myself.  You’re on my mind all day,” he continues.


“Me too,” I whisper.

 “Really?” He asks as if  he’s surprised.  He looks deep into my eyes as if he’s looking for confirmation.
 “Really?”  He asks again when I don’t answer.


I decide to give him confirmation, but I’m feeling shy.

And then, contrary to anything I’ve ever done in my life, I make the first move and kiss him firmly on the lips.


No comments:

Post a Comment