Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sims 3: Athena Sparks 35

I arrive at the park too early.  Wendell has not made it yet.  I wonder why he picked this beautiful park as the place to break my heart.
Before I get the opportunity to make up a dozen possible scenarios in my head, he arrives.
Just seeing him makes me happy.  Even though I’m sure that this is the end.  What man wants to be tied down to some chick who gets pregnant the first time they woohoo?
“Hey there beautiful,” he says.  Not exactly the way you greet someone that you’re getting ready to hurt.


“Hi,” I say quietly.

Wendell surprises me by grabbing me and pulling me close into a hug.  I don’t know what to think.
“How are you feeling?”  He asks.
“Confused,” I answer honestly.


He pulls back.  “Confused about us?”  He asks with a slight tone of fear in his voice.

“I don’t know.  I don’t know why we’re here.  I don’t know how you’re feeling about this pregnancy,” I say.
“Oh Athena!  I’m so sorry that I’m making you feel that way…” he begins.
“I want this baby.  I want you,” he answers earnestly.  “I mean, this has happened sooner than we both expected, but I believe the outcome would have been the same whether it was now or later.”
“Really?”  I ask, knowing that he has to be tired of me needing reassurances.


“No doubt.  I told you, I have never felt this way before.  I love you, I want to be with you.  I called you here, because I want you to marry me.”

“But we barely know each other.”


“Does anybody?  I know I love you.  That’s all that matters to me right now.  We have a whole lifetime to get to know each other.”

“Wendell, I don’t want you to do this just because I’m pregnant.  I’m not trying to tie you down with all of this.”
“Girl, you’re going to be the death of me.  Listen to me…I love you.  I loved you before we found out about this baby and it hasn’t changed.”
“I love you too!”  I respond, knowing in my heart that it’s absolutely true.
“Well that’s all I need to hear,” Wendell says before kissing me.
“Does that mean you’ll marry me?”  He asks after we part, recognizing that I didn’t really answer his question.
“Yes…yes I’ll marry you,” I answer.


He gently takes my face in his hands.  “You’ve just made me the happiest man ever.”

“I promise that I will take care of you and our child,” he continues.


His words bring tears to my eyes.

“Come here,” he says pulling me close once again when he sees me getting emotional.
“So when do we do this?”  I ask.
“Before the baby is born if possible,” he answers.
“I want to keep it small…just you and me,” I say.
“Whatever you want,” he answers.


“I love you so much,” I say once again.

I chuckle,” And to think, I thought you called me here to say you didn’t want to have anything to do with me.”


“Never,” he answers as if it’s the most absurd thing he’s ever heard.

“I need to go take care of some things.  See you tomorrow?”  Wendell says.


“OK,” I say.

Wendell leaves and I remain in the same spot wondering how I went from single and lonely to becoming a mother and getting married within weeks.  It’s amazing how quickly things can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment