Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sims 3: Athena Sparks 36

 I arrive home feeling worn out.  I swear that I can feel the weight of the baby already.
 I fall asleep dreaming about future possibilities and building a marriage with Wendell.
 I drag myself out of the bed the next morning.  The bigger I get, the harder it is to rest. 
 The first thing on my mind is food.
 For the first time, my meal turns out perfect.  I’m sure the baby will appreciate a less burnt meal for a change.
 As I’m eating, I realize that I haven’t let Lisette in on what’s going on.  I hurry through breakfast so that I can call her.
 I can just imagine her reaction when I tell her that I’m getting married.  She’ll probably think I’m crazy.
 I dial her number.
 I don’t beat around the bush this time when she answers.  “He asked me to marry him!”
 I sit patiently through her screams and shouts of joy.  She spends at least ten minutes non-stop chattering.
 “Is it crazy for me to be marrying him so soon?”  I ask her.


“Life is short! And if things go wrong, there’s always divorce,” she answers.


Lisette!” 
 Before I can get off the phone, Lisette insists on throwing me a bachelorette party.  Despite my protests, she assures me that she’ll only invite one other person.  I reluctantly agree.  “See you in a few hours!”  She says before hanging up.


Lisette is always a bundle of energy and surprise.  I think about how much I’ll probably need her positive energy around once the baby arrives.
 With a few hours to spare before Lisette and her friend arrives, I attempt to try and get a few chapters completed on my book.  I discover that it’s a lot more difficult to concentrate with a baby moving around inside me.
 Lisette’s friend Renee Valdez arrives.  Lisette assured me that Renee is a nice person, but I’m still feeling shy about meeting her.
 “Congrats,” Renee says.


“Thank you.  Um…I have pizza arriving soon if you’re hungry,” I say, not knowing what else to say to her.

 “Sounds good…so when’s the big day?” She asks.


I chuckle a little, “Which one, the baby or wedding?” I ask amused that both are basically happening at the same time.

 “Wow,” she says realizing her mistake.  “Um…the wedding?”  She says sounding like she just randomly picked one.
 “Well we plan on marrying tomorrow, that is…if the baby doesn’t come first,” I answer to spare her the need to ask about the baby.
 “Well congrats again.  How exciting!”  She says, her face not quite matching her words.


Outside, I hear a car pull up.  I pray it’s
Lisette because I’m not comfortable continuing to try and make small talk with Renee.
Finally Lisette arrives and I have an excuse to leave the attempted conversation with Renee. 



No comments:

Post a Comment