Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sims 3: Athena Sparks 37

 “Excuse me,” I say to Renee, before walking over to Lisette.
 “Oh my gosh, look at you!” Lisette says when she sees me.  “You look beautiful!”



“I don’t feel beautiful,” I answer.  “I feel huge...”

 “…and slightly embarrassed,” I add.


“What’s to be embarrassed about?”
Lisette asks.
 “I’m having a bachelorette party and a baby shower at the same time,” I answer.


“Please,”
Lisette says dismissing my reasoning while gently placing her hand on my belly.  “This is a blessing, not an embarrassment,” she corrects.
 “Oh Athena!  I’m so jealous,” she says while continuing to rub my belly.  “But at least I can live vicariously through you.”


“You never struck me as the motherly type,” I say, hoping that it doesn’t hurt her feelings.

 She doesn’t seem offended.  “Yeah, sometimes I think that I’d just talk a baby to death…let’s dance,” she says.
 Usually I don’t like to dance, but lately I’ve been doing a lot of things I wouldn’t have normally done, so I think why not. 



We begin to dance.  “I never said that you wouldn’t be a good mom.  I just never thought you wanted to be,” I say just to clarify myself.

 “Who knows, if I luck up on Mr. Right like you have, maybe our children can grow up together…and go to the prom together,” she says with a smile.
 “Now that would be great,” I reply, wobbling in my attempt to dance.
 “So when do I get to meet Wendell?”  Lisette asks


“I was jus thinking about inviting him over.”

 “You can’t invite your husband to be to your bachelorette party,” Lisette says, referring to an unsaid rule.


“Obviously, I’m not exactly following tradition here,”  I respond.

 Before she gets an opportunity to further object, the pizza arrives.
 I take the piping hot pie from the deliver’s hand.  “That’ll be 20 simoles,” she says as if I plan on running away without paying.
 I pay for the pizza.
 Lisette and Renee are still dancing when I come back in.  I can’t say that I’m not enjoying their company, but I would really to like to have a quiet evening cuddled up with Wendell right now.
 I open the pizza box and inhale deeply.  The pizza smells so good and I can feel my baby moving around as if she can also smell it.
 I’m sure that if I put my mind to it, I could eat the whole thing right now.  “Pizza’s here,” I call to Lisette and Renee instead.
 Although it would probably be more polite of me to make sure that my guests eat first, I grab the first slice.
 “I’m so sorry Athena.  I totally forgot to think about food,” Lisette says apologetically.


“That’s fine, nothing beats a hot pizza,” I answer truthfully.

 “Good point,” she says walking over to grab a slice. 
 Renee sits down to join me, while Lisette grabs a slice, chatting the whole time.
 She and Renee begin talking about things that I have no idea about, so I concentrate on my food.
 While they continue to chat, I see an opportunity to sneak off and invite Wendell over.
 Ignoring what Lisette said about not inviting my fiancé to my bachelorette party, I quickly dial his number.
 Wendell answers on the second ring.  “Is everything OK?”  He asks; a sense of urgency in his voice.


“Yes,” I answer quickly.  “I just missed you and wanted to see you.”

He tells me that he has a couple of papers to grade, then he’ll come right over.  I’m anxious to see him.



No comments:

Post a Comment