Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sims 3: Athena Sparks 38

 Wendell arrives a lot sooner than I expected.  “Did you finish grading papers?”  I ask, hoping that I haven’t kept him from doing his job.


“I rushed through them.  I couldn’t wait to get over here,” he answers.


“I have to warn you…my friend
Lisette insisted on throwing me a bachelorette party.”
 I lead Wendell into the house.  “So no male strippers?”  He asks, amused.
 “I’m sure Lisette wanted to hire one.  Thank God she didn’t,” I answer.


Wendell chuckles, “So how are you feeling?”

 Lisette hears Wendell’s voice and walks over.  “So is this Wendell?”  She asks.
 “I thought I said no fiancés,” Lisette says in her joking tone.


Wendell appears to be
tickled over Lisette’s bold sassiness.
 “By the way, I’m Lisette,” she says introducing herself to Wendell quickly before turning back to me.  “You’re not supposed to invite your fiancé to your bachelorette party,” she repeats.
 “I didn’t…I invited him to my baby shower,” I say using my unique predicament to my advantage.  Wendell smiles and for once Lisette doesn’t have a funny – smart reply to that.
 Wendell, appearing to be thoroughly entertained, looks at her as if I’d won the battle. “Well…I guess that’s OK then,” she says.
 Although I know the whole conversation is all in fun, my pregnancy hormones are making me feel a little irritated.  “It’s not like it matters anyway.  He’s here now and he’s staying.”
 I’m grateful that Lisette is so understanding.  She doesn’t even get offended by my little outburst, but both she and Wendell look at me surprised.
 “Uh, I’ll stay as long as you all don’t try to make me strip,” Wendell says attempting to smooth over this awkward moment.
 Lisette is amused at Wendell’s remark, but I’m slightly turned on.
 “I won’t ask now…but maybe later…you know, in the bedroom,” I say, ignoring the fact that Lisette is still standing there.


They both appear to be shocked and tickled by my erotic suggestion.

 “Well, in that case…”Wendell begins, but stops to allow us to imply the rest.
 “You two really are made for each other,” Lisette says watching us stare into each other’s eyes. 
 She watches us flirt for a little while longer. “Awww…”She says seeing the love in my eyes. 
 “To be in love,” Lisette says before she walks away to give us a moment of privacy.
 I catch Wendell staring down at my full belly.  “You can feel it,” I say sensing that he’s waiting for permission.


“Oh wow!”  He says at a loss for words. 

 “You know, I never thought that I’d get to experience having a child.  I know we didn’t plan this, but thank you,” I say, knowing that it may sound a bit awkward.


“I wouldn’t have done this any other way,” he says softly fascinated by the baby’s kicks and stretches.

 “Yeah, I wouldn’t either,” I say.
 Lisette and Renee continue to entertain themselves and Wendell sits down at my computer to check on his blog.
 He doesn’t stay away for long.  Within minutes he’s back by my side.  “Hello there!  It’s daddy,” he says leaning down to speak to my belly.
 He places his ear to my tummy as if he could hear the baby respond.  There is no denying the excitement in his eyes.
 Wendell finally gets around to telling me that he brought his dog, Deebo over.  I head outside to meet him.
 Since Deebo will soon become a part of our household, I decide to let him in so that he can get a feel for his new home. 
 Deebo seems to be a lot friendlier than my cat Cupid.  He happily wags his tail as I toss him a treat.
 Just as I reach down to pat his fluffy fur, Cupid walks in and stares at me as if she’s jealous.
 Cupid and Deebo sniff each other and get acquainted as if they know that they’ll soon be living together.
 It’s getting late and I’m getting tired.  I walk over to Renee to thank her for coming to my party.  “I had a great time.  Congrats again,” she says.
 “Thanks, see you around,” I say.
 “I can’t thank you enough for being such a good friend,” I tell Lisette.
“You don’t have to thank me.  It’s my pleasure.  Let me know when the baby gets here.  Congrats!”  She says before leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment