Monday, February 21, 2011

Sims 3: The Deans (part 15)

Antwain is all set to put his plan in motion, when Tania arrives home with plans of her own. “Guess what!  I’m scheduled to do an exposé in France!  My flight leaves in a few hours.”  After that, Antwain cannot hear another word.  His ears are deafened by the sound of his perfect proposal plans crashing and burning.
“Wow…how…exciting.”  Antwain mechanically answers without thinking.
 
Tania plaints a kiss on his lips assuming that his words are a sincere approval.
Tania goes on and on, happily chirping about what this will mean for her career. 
Finally, the question that he was waiting to hear,  “So, is it really OK with you if I go?”  Antwain can tell that her question is just a formality; she’s made up her mind to go hours ago.
Antwain loves Tania too much to spoil her excitement.  “Sure babe.  I wish I could go with you, but I can’t get that much time off work.”  He lies with convincing skill.
“Oh Antwain!  You’re the greatest!” Tania is relieved, “I have to get ready.  I don’t want to miss my flight!”
Tania is thrilled that she didn’t have to make the decision she dreaded…
…while Antwain cannot wait until she leaves, so that he can pick his heart up off the floor discretely.
He pastes on a “happy for you” smile and leaves the room before gravity forces it to fall into a frown betraying his true disappointment in front of Tania.
Tania senses that something is off…
…but chooses to ignore it.  She’ll deal with it when she gets back.
Tania checks the internet to confirm her flight times. 
Everything is in order, so she takes a few minutes to send a few “I’ll be away for a while” email messages.
Tania hops into her car and heads toward the airport…
…while Antwain grabs his guitar and belts out the special song that he wanted to play tonight as he proposed.  Suddenly the chords sound more like the sound of bitter disappointment than a love song.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment