Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sims 3: The Deans (part 42)

 A severe pounding in her head wakes Tania in the middle of the day.
 She groans as she slowly opens her eyes; the room spinning slightly around her.
 Once her vision has steadied, she slowly rises out of bed.
 Tania recalls having a fight with her mother and going to the bar, but can’t remember much beyond that.
 The only evidence of her drinking binge comes from the nausea that threatens her as she dresses for the day.
 Suddenly all of the feelings that her drinking temporarily helped to suppress comes back in a wave.
 George III is gone.  Tania has no hope of being visited by his spirit again. 
 This time, their goodbye is final.
 Tania brushes her hair up into a bun with tears blurring her reflection in the mirror.
 “I have to get through this,” Tania says out loud, before continuing her daytime rituals.
 While Tania is upstairs getting ready, Antwain’s friend Ralph leaves for home after losing their chess game.
Tania walks downstairs.  The first person she sees is Antwain.

“Hey babe, how are you feeling?” He asks.
 Tania isn’t sure why, but she has a feeling that she should be apologizing to Antwain.  “I’m sorry for last night,” she says responding based on her instincts.

“You don’t have anything to be sorry about,” Antwain answers.
Tania is not so sure.
 “Tania, maybe we can just forget all that has happened and start over,” Antwain suggests.
 “I’ll never forget my brother…how can you even suggest that?”

“That’s not what I’m saying.  I just…I really don’t know what to do or how to help Tania.  But believe me, I’m really trying here.”
 “I know, and I’m sorry for pushing you away.”
 Antwain smiles, “You have nothing to be sorry for!” He insists.
 He stops to think for a moment.  “Let’s get out of here.  I’m sure we could both use a change in scenery.”
 “I’m not up for any trips right now.”

“No trip, I just want to show you something.”
“OK, let’s go,” Tania says wondering what Antwain has in mind.
They hop in the car.  Antwain takes the wheel driving past the neighborhoods of Riverview.
 Once he has passed all of the locations that Tania can think up, her curiosity gets the best of her.  “Antwain, where are we going?”

“You’ll see,” he says amused by her child-like impatience.
 Finally he stops at a beautiful location near the mouth of the river, where it opens up and flows into a lake.  Tania is immediately drawn to the beauty of the location.
She stands mesmerized as stars appear in the sky. Antwain runs over to join her.


No comments:

Post a Comment