Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sims 3: Athena Sparks 12

 An hour later, I’m in a taxi on my way to work with Desmond on my mind.
 The quiet peace of the bookstore is just what I need right now to keep the memories of his smile fresh in my mind as I work through my shift.
 As my shift ends, I’m still thinking about my brief encounter with Desmond.  I must capture the moment in some way so I don’t forget.
 The best way to keep the memory alive is through words.  I head to the house of books and make my way to the computer.
 As I sit at the computer, the world around me becomes surreal as my fingers magically find their way to the right keys to form the words that I need to describe Desmond; in a fictional way of course.
 I finish the chapter and submit it to my agent.  Soon after she sends me an urgent email. 


I need to see more of this right away! Get me four more chapters by midnight tomorrow!!! ‘She writes in her message emphasizing it with multiple exclamation points.
 To get more chapters done in a day, I realize that there is something that I must do.  I hesitantly take the first step…
 Followed by several more…
 Until I am standing in front of city hall.
 If I am going to be serious about writing and finishing this book, I know that I have to quit my job at the bookstore and write full time.
 I enter city hall to register as a full time, self employed writer.
 My heart pounds with the realization that I will now have to support myself with only my words.  If this book fails, I’ll be on my way to a homeless shelter. 
 The next morning I awake with a strange nagging feeling causing anxiety in my stomach.  Then I remember that I quit my job last night in order to write full time.
 Every chore that I attempt to complete after that is interrupted by the thought.  How could I have up and quit my job to write full time when I don’t even own a computer?  I involuntarily sigh just thinking about this potentially foolish move.
 A shrill ringing catches my attention and pulls my mind from the repetitive thoughts filling my mind.  I check my caller ID.  Lisette Salisbury is the name showing up on the screen. Who is this? I ask myself as I push the answer call button.
“Uh…hello,” I answer; my voice clearly revealing my uncertainty.
 “Hey…Athena!  This is Lisette, you met me at the cabin a few days ago.  You know…the chess tournament?”  A cheerful female voice responds.


I clear my mind enough to remember.

 “Ah yes!  How are you?” I ask.


“I’m well.  I promised that I’d show you around Hidden Springs and I never back down from a promise.  Are you available tonight?” She asks.

 I’m not sure if I’m up to hanging out, but I don’t want to be rude to someone nice enough to offer their friendship.  “Uh…yeah…sure.  I have to go to the House of Books today, but I’ll be available later on,” I say.
 Lisette and I agree to meet tonight at 9 in front of Lars Disco Tech. It’s still early in the day, so I decide to get a head start on my new full-time career.
 In front of the House of Books, my mind migrates to doubting once again.  Maybe I should go and beg for my job back at the bookstore, I say to myself.
The doubts begin to melt away once I’m sitting in front of the computer and my internal muse takes over, weaving an incredible tale starring the characters that I’ve created.

No comments:

Post a Comment