Friday, December 30, 2011

Sims 3: Athena Sparks 15

 To get to the public pools, we have to travel to a part of Hidden Springs that I’ve never seen.  As the taxi passes a creepy old cemetery, I cringe.  I’ve always had a strong aversion to cemeteries.
 I advert my eyes to avoid looking at the cemetery.
 Just as we pass the cemetery, we pass a creepy old man walking just outside the cemetery fencing.  He has a strange green tone to his skin and I immediately think zombie.
 Again I avert my eyes.  Once again allowing my wild imagination to get away from me.  I know that it’s just an old man with a cane, still…I don’t dare look back as we pass.
 We continue driving along, passing a gorgeous view of Hidden Springs. 
 We finally pull up to the pools, where the taxi pulls over and drops me off.
 Lisette is there waiting for me.  Yes…I chickened out and called Lisette.  I was tempted to call Desmond but felt it would be pretty presumptuous of me to invite him out somewhere where we would both spend the day half naked.  Maybe it would have led him to believe that I was confident and bold.  Then again, maybe not.
 Right away, I thank Lisette once again for giving me the computer.


“No problem,” she says.  “It’s so old, I’m sure you’ll be begging me to take it back soon.”

 “Actually, the computer is perfect.  I was able to finish my first novel because of you.”
 “Well…there you go!  I guess anything can be useful if it’s really needed,” Lisette says sounding thrilled that she was able to help me out.


“Not only that, but I started the outline for my next book.”

 “Well, I can’t wait to read them!”  Lisette says excitedly.


“So, are you ready to head to the pools?” I ask, knowing that if I allow her to get started,
Lisette would be perfectly content standing right here talking the whole day away.
 I could not think of a more lovely location to spend the afternoon swimming.  The view here is amazing.
 I slip into my swimwear and dip my foot into the water.  It’s colder than expected, but I know just the remedy for adjusting to cold pool water…
  
 …I just jump right in.
  
 I don’t know if it’s just the gorgeous surroundings, but being in the pool feels extra relaxing; particularly the weightlessness that I feel as I float in the water.
  
 I become so engrossed into my own thoughts, that I almost forget about Lisette.  How rude of me to invite her to join me, then completely ignore her, I think to myself.
  
 I climb out of the pool to go and join her.
  
 I walk up the stairs and jump into the other pool.  Immediately, Lisette and I begin acting like children.
 
 We cannot resist a holding our breath contest.  We allow our bodies to sink down into the pool to see who can hold their breath the longest.
 We stay down; each of us determined to beat the other.
 I begin cheering as I see Lisette about to give up.
 She swims quickly to the top while I remain under just a little while longer to seal my victory.
 Finally I allow my body to float up to the top.  Just as my head emerges from the water, I take a deep breathe as my lungs threaten to burst from lack of oxygen.
 We spend the rest of the time floating and chatting, until Lisette says that it’s time for her to head home.
 She climbs out the water and goose bumps cover her dripping wet skin.
 I follow behind, ready to head home myself. 
As I dress and start toward my taxi, Desmond crosses my mind.  I’m glad that I went with the safe choice this time, but next time I know that I’d better choose Desmond if I want to have any chance at capturing his heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment