Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sims 3: Athena Sparks 6

Without me even ringing the bell, Desmond opens the door and steps out.
“Hi there!” He says looking very surprised.
I just stare.  It’s like I’ve reverted back to my toddler days when I had a lot that I wanted to say, but I just didn’t know the words to say it.
Desmond is two feet in front of me; standing there in all his beautiful glory.
Then he smiles.  “You must be my neighbor.  I’ve seen you around a few times.”  I just stare at his smile.  His teeth are beautiful.
Finally, he takes my hand.  “I’m Desmond.  Please come inside.”


“Uh,” I answer; totally focused on his warm firm grip.  His hand is touching my hand and my brain turns to mush.

Then I find myself doing the dumbest thing ever… before I know what’s come over me, I run.
Yep, as Desmond is leading me into his house, like a fool…I run away.
What’s worst is that it’s not like a light jog type of running.  No, that would be forgivable.  It‘s more like a prison break, the neighbor’s pit bull is after me…run for your life type of running.
I run without even looking back.
I never even knew that I could be so athletic.  I could probably clear a hurdle right now. I’ve been known to trip while standing in place, yet tonight I run full speed without coming close.
As I reach my house, I finally begin to slow down.
Only when I reach my house, does my mind start thinking again.  My first thought…how can I ever face him again?
I can only imagine what is probably going through his mind.  Who goes to someone’s house, stands on the porch without even ringing the bell and then runs after the person comes out to greet you.  It’s like some type of backward ding dong ditch.
I retreat to the safety of my house. 
I am so disappointed in myself that I almost want to cry.  What an imbecile!   How could I blow a chance like that?
And he was so fine standing there in the moonlight.  He actually touched my hand.
Oh well…never one to dwell in disappointment too long, I decide to crawl into bed with a book.  If I can’t experience romance, I can at least read about it…
…only the words are a blur.  I forgot that I did not have my glasses.
I lay back on the bed suddenly feeling strangely content.  Now that I know I’ve ruined any chance with Desmond, I can relax in knowing that it was never meant to be.  Being single for the rest of my life can’t be that bad...can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment