Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sims 3: Athena Sparks 7

I left my house early the next morning to pick up my new glasses.
This time I’m quite relieved not to run into Desmond.  I can’t even imagine what he must think of me…his psycho neighbor.
With about an hour to kill before I begin my shift at the bookstore, I head over to the house of books.  On my way over to the computer I think to myself, how could I ever be a great writer when I’ve never experienced a real relationship?
Aren’t the majority of the best selling books about love?  Thinking about it totally kills my motivation. 
Maybe I should read instead.  A good book  may be just what I need to gather a bit of inspiration.
Walking into the reading room, I spot a guy sitting at one of the tables reading.  Hmm…a book worm like myself.  Maybe he is more my speed, I think to myself.
Just as I am about to walk over and introduce myself, he stands and I can see that he is at least a foot shorter than me.  This can only mean one of two things, either he is a midget…or he is only a teenager.
Now I’m really depressed.  Oh God, a thirty-something year old woman was about to introduce herself to a mere teenager.  Sad, sad, sad.
I give up.  I decide to just start my shift at work early.
At least in the world of books, I don’t have to attempt introduction and make a fool of myself.  I can just open a book up and enjoy…no worries.
I head to the bookstore where I spend the rest of the afternoon restocking the shelves and creating a display for a brand new up and coming author.
After work, I go back to the house of books.  Setting up the new author display forces me to remember my original goal in moving to Hidden Springs.
With no social life to speak of, I have all the time in the world to write.
I begin by writing out an outline for a story about a woman much like myself who experiences love for the first time.
However, the words just won’t flow.  The ideas are not coming and I am at the brink of frustration.
I delete what I’ve started and begin again.  This time approaching the story from a different angle.
This time, the ideas flow better.
I write until my eyes are nearly crossed and my head begins aching.  I feel good about what I’ve accomplished so far.
I leave the house of books, but for the first time in a long while, I don’t feel like going home and being alone.  I’ve been In Hidden Springs for almost a week now and I have no friends to speak of.
Even a shy person like me enjoys the company of a few good friends.  The only way to meet people is to get out and mingle.
A patron at the bookstore told me about a chess tournament going on at a cabin located not far from my house.  I direct the cab driver there.
I walk inside the cozy cabin, but no one is there.  I guess I missed the tournament.
Oh well, I’d better get home, I tell myself.

“You’ve already missed the crowd,” A female voice says as I’m about to leave.
In walks a young woman, probably a few years younger than myself.  “Hi, I’m Lisette Salisbury and I hosted the event,” she says holding out her hand.
Usually I’m quite hesitant around someone I don’t know, but Lisette seems kind and makes me feel comfortable. 

“I’m Athena and I’m new to town.”
“I figured you were, because you certainly don’t look like a tourist.  I was born and raised in Hidden Springs, so if you ever need a tour guide, let me know and I can show you around.”
“I’d like that Lisette.  I really haven’t been many places, just home and the bookstore where I work.”
I continue, “I’d love to know more about the town.  It’s definitely beautiful.”
“Yeah, the beauty is what we natives are most proud of.  Let me give you my phone number and you can call me up when you’re ready for a girl’s night out.”

“Thank you!” I answer.
Lisette and I talk for a few more moments, then we say our goodbyes.  I make it a plan to call her up this weekend.  For now, I decide to head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment