Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sims 3: Athena Sparks 9

After my bath, I walk outside and notice that my wind chime is gone.  The thief managed to steal it along with my porch light. This just adds to my feelings of violation.
I can’t take sitting around my house knowing I’ll probably never be comfortable there until I can afford an alarm system.
I call a taxi and tell him to take me to the diner.  I would rather spend some money on breakfast than sit around psyching myself into thinking the thief will return.
A crowd is just what I need right now.  Too much isolation threatens to drive me crazy.
The diner is located in a gorgeous area of town.  The noisy crowd puts me at ease.
I eat and leave the diner, but I still have hours before I have to be at work.
I visit the grocery store on the corner for a few supplies.  I could use some bubble bath and some snacks.
A few trips through the aisles of the grocery store is not enough to spend the rest of the time I have before I have to be at the bookstore.
I decide to give starting my novel another try. 
At the house of books, I sit and stare at the computer screen for a while; waiting for an idea to enter my mind.
Then it comes to me…I will write about something that I know all too well and I will call it ‘Lonely Girl’.
Like a person possessed, I type and type as the ideas come faster than my fingers can type.  Before I know it, I’ve completed the first chapter.
While spending months of wasted time sitting at computers, I started creating an email list of agents.  I submit my first chapter to a few of them.  After being robbed, I no longer fear rejection from a book agent.
It’s time for work and I am exhausted.  I consider calling my boss at the bookstore and telling her that I’m not coming in, but I’d hate to let her down.
I make it to the bookstore and stay as long as I can.  Finally I give into my fatigue and let my boss, Cynthia, know that I didn’t get any sleep because of the robbery last night.  Graciously she allows me to leave.
I make it home and lie down for a nap right away.  My energy is totally depleted; leaving no room to fear another robbery.
My cell phone wakes me an hour later.  Groggy and disoriented, it is moments before I know what has awaken me from my nap.
I finally realize that it’s my phone.  It’s a call that I never expected to receive…one of the agents that received the first chapter of my book wants to consider signing me for a book deal.  If I agree, I would be paid a small amount of money for each acceptable chapter that I submit.
After the call, I stand and marinate over the agent’s last words, “The heroine of your story is refreshing, unique and brilliant.  Keep it up and this book will quickly become a best seller.”  I am in shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment