Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sims 3: Athena Sparks 8

I am in bed that night when I hear rustling outside of my house.
At first I think I’m still dreaming until the rustling turns into soft pounding footsteps on my porch. 
It soon becomes obvious to me that someone is on my front porch when I hear my wind chimes tinkling a lot more than I am accustomed to.
I don’t even wait before I’m on the phone with the police.
I am scared out of my mind, but I run out to the porch hoping that it would scare the intruder away before they attempt to enter my home.
It works.  By the time the cop arrives, the thief is long gone.
I am relieved to see the cop, but I am breathing so hard from fear that I can barely greet him.
I’m sorry ma’am, I didn’t catch the intruder.  Did you get a good look at him?”
“No…I,” I begin.

“The more you can tell me, the better chance that we can catch him.”
“I’m sorry, things just happened so fast…and it was dark…”

“I understand.  Please take my card, if anything further comes to mind, give me a call.”
The cop takes a quick look around and takes notes for his police report. 
After the cop leaves, I am extremely tired, but I’m reluctant to fall asleep.  What if the thief returns to finish the job?  If I had some place else to go, I would leave.
My anxiety only increases as I hear the cop car pull off.
I manage to return to sleep, but it’s not restful and it’s plagued with nightmares.
I hear a sound outside on the porch.  I’m sure that’s it’s just my imagination, but the fear is real. 
I take a bath, submerging my head under water.  It’s the only thing I can think to do in order to fully make sure that I am awake.
I sit in the tub, reflecting on my situation.  Now that I’ve experienced real, potentially life threatening fear, the things I’ve been afraid of seem so petty…including introducing myself to Desmond.

No comments:

Post a Comment