Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sims 3 The Price-Bull Family (part 33)

Mercedes rushes into the house, anxious to see where her daughter has been living with her new husband.
She is impressed by the size.  “It could use a makeover, but it’s nice,” she says out loud.
Terrance is already eating when Mercedes and Lexus come to join him.  “Gorgeous house son,” Mercedes says after Terrance greets her.
“Thanks ma’am,” Terrance answers, too nervous to look Mercedes in the eye.

“Son, if we are going to get along, I’d better not hear you call me ma’am ever again!  I’m mom,” Mercedes says in her ‘I’m amused, but I’m not playing’ tone.
Lexus is relieved that her mother is being lighthearted and not confrontational.
Now that the air is cleared, Lexus chats comfortably with her mother.  Terrance stands to clear his plate.

 “So what did you wear for your wedding?” Mercedes asks.
“I rented a dress at the chapel in city hall,” Lexus answers.  Mercedes practically chokes on her meal.

“What!  My daughter wore a rented dress!  I could have made you a one of A kind original,” Mercedes says once she’s able to successfully swallow.
“I know mom.  I knew you would feel that way.  I’m sorry.”
Mercedes takes another look around the spacious kitchen.  “That’s OK,” She says,  “You’ve done well for yourself.”
“I’m going to take a look around,” Mercedes says excusing herself for a self guided tour of the large home.
Lexus later hugs her mother and excuses herself.  She is exhausted and wants to get a full night’s rest for work tomorrow.  Mercedes is grateful for a moment alone with Terrance.
“I feel so bad that I rushed Lexus into this thing,” Terrance begins.

“I’m passed that Terrance,” Mercedes responds quickly.
Terrance ignores her response.  He has to get this out.  “I just want you to know that I love Lexus very much and I just wanted to protect her.”
He continues, “She refused to move in with me unless I was fully committed to her.”

Mercedes is happy to hear this, “I raised her well.”
“Terrance, she really couldn’t have married a better person and I have no doubt that she is in good hands with you.”
“Thanks ma’am,” Terrance says.  He sees the annoyed look on Mercedes face and rushes to fix his mistake,” I mean mom!”
“No problem…son.”
“I’ve got to go.  Love you both!” Mercedes says before turning to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment