Monday, June 27, 2011

Sims 3 The Wards (part 32)

Zawadi wakes the next morning and runs for the bus.
Miles joins her outside and decides to call for an impromptu band practice.  He calls Patty up and pulls out his guitar.
Although Miles is moving up in his career at the theatre and is happy to receive a steady income, part of him would love to focus on his band full-time.
Inside, Sephora wakes and begins her day making the beds and tidying up the house.
A quick shower later and Sephora is out in her garden. 
Pleased with the progress of her developing gardening skill, she bends down to get dirty, pulling weeds and tending her plants.
Meanwhile, Zawadi completes her school day and runs for the bus. 
She leans back and slides down in her seat with a sigh.  She has received a note from her teaching saying that she has been distracted in class and is not completing her homework.  Zawadi is not looking forward to giving her parents the note.
Patty finally arrives for their band practice, but her heart is not in it.  She has something that she needs to tell Miles.
“Not bad, but you seemed to be a little off today Patty.  Is something wrong?” Miles asks noticing the change in her guitar playing.
“Well…I didn’t actually come here to practice, I had something that I needed to tell you.”
“What’s up?”  Miles asks already not liking what he is about to hear.

“I came to tell you that I’ve joined another band.”
“How will you manage playing in two bands?” Miles says, not really getting what Patty is trying to tell him.
“Miles…I will only be in one band.  I am quitting this band.”

Patty’s words hits Miles like a brick.
“Why Patty?  I thought we had a good thing going.”
“That’s just it…we have nothing going! We have made no money or gotten any gigs, I can’t keep doing this.”
“Yeah, but I’m working on that.  Don’t you think I want to make money also?”
“I don’t have time to wait!  The band I’ve joined already has gigs booked…one after the other.  I can’t wait with you…you have too many other obligations.” Patty says in a voice close to shouting.
“Don’t you dare blame my family Patty!  If you want to leave, then just go!” Miles says insulted by what Patty is insinuating.
“Goodbye Miles.  I had hoped that we could remain friends,” Patty says as she walks away.

Miles is too angry and hurt to even consider being Patty’s friend.
All Miles can see is his dream being shattered.  How can my band fail before it has even started?  He asks himself.
Sephora is inside tasting the mac and cheese that she has prepared for lunch. 
“Not bad!” She says out loud; happy with the results.
Miles walks up close behind her and grabs her hand.  She is startled until she realizes who it is.
There is no mistaking the look of failure on Miles’ face.  Sephora sees it right away.  “What is it Miles?” She asks.
“Patty has quit on me,” Miles says.

Sephora knows that having a band has been Miles’ dream for a long time.  She places a hand on his arm in comfort. “I’m sorry babe.”
“But…you know you don’t need a band to succeed, Miles. You are talented enough to be your own band,” she says hoping that her words offer him comfort. “Now you can perform anytime you want without being worried about the problems that come with having a band.”
Miles pulls Sephora close.  “Thank you,” he whispers. 

Sephora knows that her words has hit their mark.
Still, Miles cannot help but feel that he has failed his family.  His dream was to keep working at the theatre until he gained enough of a following to quit and concentrate on the band.  Now that it didn’t work out, part of his goal is shattered.
Sephora on the other hand is slightly relieved, knowing that inside, she never fully trusted Patty around her husband.
“I love you!” Miles whispers.

“I love you more!” Sephora responds trying to hide the relief in her voice.
Sephora goes back to preparing her meal…
…while Miles runs out the door to go to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment