Monday, January 9, 2012

Sims 3: Athena Sparks 19

 I assess my mood as I walk to town.  I’m not exactly depressed, Lisette really did cheer me up, but I’m feeling unsettled…just not quite content.
 Books have always been my remedy in the past, so I head to the House of Books.  I walk up to a random shelf and what I see shocks me.
 My book, Lonely Girl, is there on the shelf with my name in large print.  My agent told me that my book had been released and that she would send me a copy, but I never expected to see it out where anybody could read it so soon. 
 I step outside and sit on a bench to read it.  Let me tell you…there is nothing quite like reading your own work. It’s almost surreal, because half the time you cannot believe that you actually created something so good.
 My mood is totally uplifted now.  I may not have a man, but my career is off to a great start.  I cannot help but smile at that.
 I go home and write a quick email reply to my agent who tells me that my book is selling quite well and that my copy has been mailed and should get to me tomorrow. 


I then visit the Hidden Springs animal shelter website to pick out a pet to help me get through the inevitable lonely times.

 Immediately a cute adult cat catches my eye.  The site describes her as independent, quiet and neat.  I call up the shelter to have her delivered.




I’m pleased when the shelter informs me that my new cat will be delivered within hours.
 I take a taxi to the grocery store to stock up on supplies.  I fill the cat bowl and prepare for my new family member to be delivered; wondering to myself why I never thought of getting a pet before.
 The pet social worker arrives soon after.  I’m excited when I hear the car pull up.
 The worker’s name is Ashley.  She walks over and shakes my hand, thanking me for giving a home to a cat in need.
 Near my bedroom door is the cutest sight I’ve seen in quite a while.  I am already in love!


“What will you name her?” Ashley asks.


“Cupid,” I say immediately without having to think about it.  “Her name is Cupid Sparks!”

 Ashley leaves us to get acquainted and I walk over to Cupid who appears to be afraid.  “Hey pretty kitty,” I say in a soft, calm voice.”
 Cupid stands up and stares at me with what looks like a smile on her face. I take this as a good sign.
 I attempt to pick her up so I could cuddle her, but she hisses at me ferociously.  Maybe she’s shy, I say to myself.
I try a different approach.  I gently place my hand out to allow her to sniff it.
 Cupid cautiously walks over and sniffs.  “I’m here to take care of you!  I won’t hurt you,” I say calmly.
 I award her with a treat, then leave her alone for a while to allow her to get to know her new environment.
 Cupid still appears afraid, but quickly finds a safe spot on my dresser and curls up.
I find her asleep there when I enter the room to prepare for bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment