Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sims 3: Athena Sparks 25

 I make it across the street without tripping myself up too bad, although I almost fall when I get close to Wendell.
 “Hi,” I say quietly.


“You ok?”  He asks, apparently noticing my little trip-up, which I hoped he didn’t see.

 “No,” I answer although I know that he was asking about me almost falling.  “I wanted…wait no…I had to apologize to you.”
 “OK,” he says.  I can see that he is not going to bail me out by saying anything else.
 “Um…I was rude and being a jerk last night.  I uh…I guess I became a little paranoid because I had you in my house when I didn’t even know you.”
 “How about you get to know me before you judge me,” Wendell says.
 “That’s what I’m trying to tell you…I’m sorry and I wish I had gotten to know you. But…I know it’s probably too late,” I say.
 “It’s not too late,” he says, but I’m so afraid of him rejecting me that I almost don’t hear him.
 “What?” I ask just to be sure that I did hear him.
 “I said that it’s not too late.  How about we get to know each other?”  He says, this time with a smile on his face.
 I smile,  “I’d like that.”
 “Good,” he says looking straight into my eyes.  My gaze meets his. 
 I avert mine first, “So…are you busy now?” I ask hopefully.
 “No,  I was heading to the house of books, but if you have something else in mind…”


“I hear there’s a good movie out.  Want to go see it?”  I ask, surprised at myself for being so bold.

 “The theater is my second home, I’ve probably already seen it-”


“Oh, that’s ok.  Maybe another time,” I say not hiding my disappointment.

 “You didn’t let me finish.  I was going to say that seeing it with you would make it even better,” he says.
 I’m flattered and not sure what to say. 
 This time he does bail me out.  “Uh, we’d better go see what time the movie starts.”


“Yeah, OK,” I say.

 “By the way…I’m glad you called,” Wendell says.


“Really?”  I ask.

 “I thought about calling you, but I didn’t want to freak you out or anything.  I really wanted to see you again.”


I unconsciously smile at his words.

 We walk down the street to the theater.  “So ladies choice…what would you like to see?”  Wendell asks once we’re standing by the box office.
 “’Let the Right Sim In’ sounds like a good one”, I suggest checking out the poster.


“Sounds like a winner to me,” Wendell says before purchasing two tickets.

 We enter the theater.  Wendell buys popcorn and leads the way to the movie.  We sit at the top and spend the 10 minutes before the movie starts talking about our all time favorite movies.  We discover that we share similar tastes in movies.
We quiet down as the movie begins.  Once or twice during the film, our hands touch.  Each time I feel a tingle and find it slightly harder to breathe.  I want to feel his touch again and again, but try to remain focused on the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment