Monday, January 30, 2012

Sims 3: Athena Sparks 23

After my bath, I play around with Cupid for a while to take my mind off of the mess I’ve made with Wendell. 
 I find it hard to believe that Cupid still won’t let me pet or hold her.  Maybe I’m not spending enough time with her…I don’t know, but it sort of hurts my feelings.  She likes when I play with her though.
 The laser dot seems to be her favorite game.
 Exhausted, I crawl up under my lonely cold sheets.  If I keep turning men away the way I have with Wendell, I’m destined to sleep on cold sheets forever…not exactly comforting thoughts to have before falling asleep.
 As if she’s read my mind, Cupid crawls up on the bed and falls asleep next to me.  At least I have her to keep me company…if only she would allow me to touch her.
 I awake the next morning feeling the lingering feeling of regret; greeting me like an old friend first thing in the morning.
 For once I’d like to wake up feeling accomplished, instead of feeling like I’m responsible for ruining my own life.




Just to make myself feel even worse, I find myself in front of the mirror examining my newest wrinkles. 
 My mortality slaps me in the face; reminding me that I only have a certain amount of time left if I want to have that husband and child that I’ve been dreaming of for so long.
 “What have you been doing with your life?”  I ask myself out loud as I continue to search my face for new signs of aging.
 My growling stomach puts an end to my ‘what’s the meaning of life’ internal dialogue.  I take out the ingredients for waffles and begin preparation.
 I place the waffles in the oven and right on cue, Wendell pops into my mind again.
 I recall how conversation came so easy with him.  It was almost like I was no longer the shy person that I’ve been all of my life.  Then a question pops into to mind…
 What if?  What if I called him and apologized?  Was my slip up that bad?  Is it forgivable? 
 My series of questions come to a halt as the scent of burning waffles capture my attention.



I pull the unappetizing waffles out of the oven.  There’s no way I’m going to be depressed and eat burnt waffles on the same day.
I place the waffles on the table.  Why me God?  I ask myself. Why do I just insist on messing everything up?
 I prepare a bowl of cereal, because I don’t feel like attempting waffles again.  At least you can’t mess cereal up.
 After eating my not-so-great cereal, I throw the waffles in the sink.
 I sit down at the computer to at least try and get some work done.  My bank account has dwindled down to nothing.  If I don’t finish this book soon, I won’t be able to pay my bills.
 Cupid slinks over begging for a little attention.
 She looks up at me softly purring.  “Not now Cupid.  If I don’t get these chapters completed soon, there will be no more catnip for you and we’ll both be on the streets,” I say not even looking away from my computer.
 As if she understood, she walks away to occupy herself.  I read back over what I’ve written so far.  I’m not quite happy, but it’s the best I can do at the moment. 
 I submit the chapters to my agent and hope for the best.
I head to bathroom.  As if I didn’t have enough expenses, my sink explodes all over me as I attempt to brush my teeth.  Why me?  I whisper to myself once again.


No comments:

Post a Comment