Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sims 3 The Pratts (part 39)

Spencer and Gwen arrive home at the same time.  Gwen glances at Spencer expectantly.
“Hey Gwen, how was your day?”
Same ole wonderful day in the life of Gwen,” she answers, her voice sprinkled with sarcasm.
“I know that you’ll be graduating soon and I just wanted you to know that you’re welcomed to live here as long as you want.”

“Thanks,”  Gwen says, not quite knowing what to say beyond that.
“Is there anything you want to do for your birthday?”
“I have to work,” she answers.

“Um, what about gifts?  Is there anything you’d like for your birthday?” Spencer asks embarrassed that he knows nothing about Gwen’s likes and dislikes.
Gwen frowns as she thinks about it.  “Actually no.  I’d be fine just having a regular, no frills day.”
“Ok,” Spencer says giving up on trying to think of something nice to do.  “Let me know if you change your mind.”


Gwen smiles, knowing that Spencer is genuinely trying to make things up to her.  She appreciates it, but it’s a little too late.
Gwen is about to walk away when Spencer calls her back.  “Gwen…I wish there was a way for us to mend the past. I –“
“Don’t worry about it Spencer.  The fact that you’re even making an effort is enough.”
“We have really made a mess of this brother sister thing, haven’t we?”  Spencer says with a slight chuckle.


“Yeah, but that’s neither here nor there.  We are just two very different people with different backgrounds.  Some people just don’t mix no matter how hard they try.”
“I know, but I could have been nicer to you over the years.”

“You were a kid who was suddenly forced to share everything, including your mother.  I would have been mean to me too if I were in your shoes.”
“I know Gwen, but mom would have wanted us to develop a relationship.   Actually…I want us to develop a relationship. “
“Well who knows what the future will bring,” Gwen answers, deep down believing that it will never happen.
Gwen walks off, leaving Spencer to think about their conversation.  He is still deep in thought as Rena approaches.
“Everything OK?” Rena asks.


“Huh…oh yeah,” he answers.
“Spencer, touch my tummy,” Rena says when she’s sure she has Spencer’s attention.
Spencer looks down and notices that Rena has gained some weight around her middle.  He slowly places his hand on her full tummy.
“Rena!  Are you…are we…?”  He begins unbelieving.
“Yes Spencer.  We’re having  another baby.”
Spencer closes his eyes, inhales and just thinks about the news for a few moments.  Rena watches him anticipating his reaction.
Finally he exhales and faces his wife. “This is the happiest I’ve felt in days!” 
“You are an absolute angel and you keep blessing me with more little angels,” Spencer says causing Rena to blush.
She answers him with a kiss.
They giggle as their moment is interrupted by Chelsea’s cries from upstairs.
Rena heads upstairs to tend to Chelsea…
…while Spencer spends a few moments playing his old video game; knowing that his days of free leisure time will soon come to an end as his fatherly duties increase with the arrival of a second child.


No comments:

Post a Comment